Church of Christ hall, Corner Avon Terrace and Christie Retreat, York WA 6302
Supported by: Shire of York
Holy Trinity Anglican Church
8 sessions 1.00 pm to 3.30 pm Saturday afternoons:
2nd, 16th & 30th April, 14th, 28th May & 11th June
(outings 21st May and 4th June are visits to other sites)
Cost to you:
$5 per session for church members and concession card holders total $40
$10 per session for everyone else total $80
Think global and act local
- The 5th mark of mission in the Anglican church is
“to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation
and sustain and renew the life of the earth”
- We talk about many aspects of sustainable living including Community, Biodiversity, Gardening for Food, Permaculture Principles, Healthy Home and Healthy You Transport, and Simple Living, as well as reducing Waste of Resources, Water, and Energy.
- We encourage people to be the change they want to see in the world.
Waste Less, Save more, Live more Simply, Live better.
- Plan to attend all the sessions. Community grows as we learn together, and inspires practical changes to nurture a healthier environment and a healthier you.
- We video our presentations. You can watch each session again and access other resource materials in a password protected space on our website.
- We ask that only fully vaccinated people who are well attend the course in person. If you are unwell, please stay home and watch the presentation online. We will comply with the Covid 19 requirements current for each session .
You will finish this course with a fresh awareness of sustainability issues, and practical strategies to help you to make a difference
Here is an overview of the course
|Date||2nd April||16th April||30th April||14th May ||21st May||28th May||4th June ||11th June|
|Session||1||2||3||4||Outing 1||5||Outing 2||6|
|Focus of session||Welcome Intro|
|Think Global||Act Local||Growing Change||See it in Action||Family and Self care||See it in Action||Review|
Sent out into Action
|Topics in this Session||Sustainable Living|
Intro to Perma-culture
|Energy, Transport and Com-munity||Reduce Waste & Garden|
|What will you observe in Dianne’s Garden?||Healthy Home Healthy You||What will you observe in Stephanie’s Garden?||Living Simply & Ongoing Community|